My Blog List
- Laura Lou
- I am a retired Middle School Science teacher from Michigan spending 4 months each winter in Florida and learning about a whole new world.
- ▼ 2011 (12)
Search for your past
- Google Blog Search-Genealogy
- Crowe's Nest Genealogy Blog
- Ancestry Magazine online
- World VItal Records Blog
- WWII Timeline
- Ancestor Genealogy Photo Archive
- Photo Lost and Found
- Researching Female Ancestors
- Genealogy 101 Forum
- The Best Scrapbooking Blogs
- Digital Resource Heaven
- Cleaning Product for old photos
- Genealogy Insider
- 101 Best Geneology SItes-Family Tree Magazine
- Organized Photos
- The Olden Times
- Ellis Island
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
7:31 AM | Posted by Laura Lou | Edit Post
WHERE I'M FROM
I am from the smell of lake water and wood boats.
I am from the bed of zinnias and marigolds, the pungent scent and sticky, fuzzy leaves.
I am from Family Sunday dinners and tolerance of peculiarities, from Grandma and Grandpa and Scarlett pride.
I am from the orderliness and tradition-keeping.
From old-time Indiana songs and colorful expressions.
I am from Episcopal and Baptist traditions, The Bible and wine communion.
I'm from Germany, Sweden and England. Garlic and sauerkraut.
From the Indiana farm and large families, the Uncle who fought in WWI, and the Uncle who was left behind.
I am from boxes of photos, notebooks of census papers, Lifebooks and heritage scrapbooks; Online family trees and newly found relatives.
(This was a challenge from Gene-Musings)